Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Persistence!

Persistence pays if you keep after it. I say this because I sent my first package to the Belskie Museum back in late ‘02. My show there ran from September 7th - 28th 2008.
I sent them invitations to my shows; I went to their receptions and published all of my shows in the local papers. Gradually I got to know the members of the exhibition committee so that at some point and time they began to recognize me and my work. It took about five years maybe longer but my work hung in that museum for a month.
As I write this it comes to mind that all I have read or heard from artists who have had some success, say these same things. What took me so long to get it? Well I’ve gotten it. Overtime I have selected galleries and exhibition spaces where I would like to exhibit. I know now that I have to keep after them also, it’s a lot of work.

No comments: