Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dry spell

I haven't picked up a brush in two years. just lost interest. I think about it a lot but just haven't pickup the brush. I first thought that it was sorrow because I started losing my friends in 2010, four of them in a row. Just couldn't pick up a brush after that, tried a few drawings but so far nothing. Folks ask me why when I was a prolific painter and painted regularly. I have no answer, I just can't bring myself to do it. but I am starting to desire it again. Today I went to the MacKay Twins Art Salon and spent time with the artist who were represented there, Charley Parker and Leroy Campbell, they inspired me to get started again. we'll see, Tuesday is a free day for me next week, maybe I'LL PAINT AGAIN. What I'm afraid of is that I'll never paint again. Its something I use to love but right now, no interest. Sometimes I think about what to paint. Do I want to do something different, maybe a different style, maybe more figurative instead of abstract, or maybe landscapes? I am good with still lifes but they don't excite me at all, if its not abstract, I think is very boring. Last night I went to the Art Center of Northern NJ located in New Milford and saw Matisse crating the Rosary Chapel in Vence France. Talking to the guys and seeing this film got my juices flowing again. Maybe I should do more art activities. Act like I'm doing it and eventually I will.

No comments: